I received a message from a friend from church with an inspiration pic of a shirt she wanted me to make for her engagement photos. I’m always honored when I receive these types of requests and do my best to exceed their expectations.
We had limited time so I quickly went to work on getting fabric and getting to work on her piece. I used M6886 (one of my favorite foundation patterns) view C for the bodice and self drafted the peplum pieces. For the asymmetrical piece, I created a high low circle skirt doubling her waist measurement so that I could pleat it. The bottom peplum was created using the same circle skirt method except I did not cut it as a high low and I gathered the waist instead of pleating. I then sewed the asymmetrical piece onto the bodice first, followed by the bottom peplum. Easy peasy!
If you have any questions, please feel free to comment below. Purchase your own, here.
Until next time!